Post Decree Modification

After a divorce is finalized and the decree is issued, circumstances may change that demand alterations to the divorce decree. Either party may file a motion after a divorce to request a change to a provision of the decree. For example, a former spouse may lose his or her job or require more to support themselves.

Post-decree modifications can affect child custody, child support, or spousal maintenance. Anna Williams can help you request a modification or to resist a motion for modification of the decree by your former spouse. The goal for post-decree modifications is to resolve changes quickly, allowing both parties to move on with their lives.

Often divorce decrees incorporate an agreement between the parties to mediate any proposed changes. Even if the decree doesn’t contain such a provision, the court will usually require a mediation of the dispute. Anna will use her skills as a calm, prepared negotiator and her determination to seek the best results for you and your loved ones. If you and your former spouse are not able to agree to a modification, she will bring those attributes to the court process.

Schedule a Consultation